Maven, Max - VideoMind - Phase 3: Stage Mentalism [DVD]
Phase 3: Stage Mentalism Covers formal performance conditions: a stage, a schedule, and the obligation to entertain an audience of paying customers. What you need for this type of situation is material that will allow
you to connect with a large group; routines that are efficiently structured for maximum impact so that they'll
generate interest, maintain a robust energy level, and hold the spectators' attention from start to finish.
"I have never seen a mentalist to compare with him." - Dai Vernon "This man is dangerous." - Muhammad Ali
"The most original mind in magic." - Orson Welles
DVD Special Feature: Includes exclusive bonus photo gallery not contained on video
- Goal Mine (Previously Unrevealed) - This is an ideal opener: a routine of mental persuasion that serves to
establish the performer's credentials, gets several audience members involved, has a climax that virtually
guarantees laughter and applause - and all of the props can fit in your breast pocket.
- Tossed - Out Tech (Previously Unrevealed) - One of the most valuable techniques of mentalism has also been one of the least understood - until now. This section covers an effect that has been a feature item in Max Maven's professional repertoire for over two decades. This is not a basic "bare bones" description; it is an in - depth analysis; knowledge developed through years of study, and honed during thousands of performances. The information that is disclosed here constitutes a virtual "post-graduate course" in mentalism.
- Khan Artist (Previously Unrevealed) - The performer forecasts how members of the audience will rearrange
a set of symbols. The props are so uncomplicated, so innocent in appearance....it's no wonder that this
deceptively simple effect has hoodwinked some of the keenest minds in the business.
- Contimental - Could there be more direct exhibition of mindreading? Consider this: A spectator thinks of an
international location; the mentalist reveals it. The end. There's no advance work, nothing is written down, and
there are no props required. You can even perform this over the telephone
- Psign - A prediction, quick and to the point. A large board is displayed, back - out. A spectator selects one
of eight different designs, which proves to be the very one printed on the front of the board. The participant can
stay seated in the audience - leaving the performer alone on stage at the finish, to accept all of the applause.
- Running Time: 55min.